Monday, January 11, 2010

Past projects

I'm horrible about taking photographs.  In addition to having a cheap camera, I work under fluorescent lights.  Even if I remembered to stop and take a photo between steps (instead of breaking for naps), the quality would suffer.  My bedroom doesn't have windows (i.e. no magical natural light), so the finished projects I'm about to show you look much better in real life.

The first photo set is of my dresser.  I had painted it a navy blue a few years back...and finally realized I needed to repaint it.  I thought it would be fun to incorporate fabric and Mod Podge, so I covered the drawers in fabric and painted the rest of it dark brown.

 
I think it turned out really nice.  I wish I had some before photos...but nope.  Not one.

The second photo set shows one of the bedside tables I made.  I used the bases from some unused shop stools and scrap shelving material.  I designed them with my needs in mind.  I read a lot, so I created the bottom shelf for books.  I made the overhang with remote controls in mind.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!