I repainted it. I sanded it down a little and primed over it. Then I did this:
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I didn't take step-by-step photos. I used 1x2s, 1x4s, and 1x6s. I also used a lot of wood filler. I used a jig saw, a compound miter saw, and a circular saw. The lumber cost just under $70. The cost of nails, screws, wood filler, wood glue, paint, stain, etc probably brought the total cost to $120. I got the drawer pulls off an old dresser; I spray painted them a caramel latte color.
Ana's Knock-Off Wood site, but I designed a custom piece to serve my needs. As I was painting it, I was struck by the thought that it would make a nice changing table for a baby. Anyway, I drew up my own color-coded plans, and started building.
As I went along, I had to modify things just a bit, but as you can see, it worked out.